In 1927, Swiss Immigrant brothers, Maximillian F. Ruefli and Joseph A. Ruefli, opened their first shop on Jerome Avenue in the Bronx.
In 1930, Colonial moved to Torrington, Connecticut, in the heart of what was then known as the “Brass Valley,” home to nearly all of the country’s producers of brass products.
By 1948, Colonial Bronze was expanding again, nearly doubling the factory's original size.
For over 75 years, Colonial has led the industry in product style and finish innovation. Throughout this time, Colonial Bronze has focused on improving quality as well as increasing variety of styles and finishes offered.
In 1996, Colonial Bronze expanded again. In addition to more than doubling capacity again, Colonial upgraded to state of the art manufacturing facilities.